Feedzai is the world’s first RiskOps platform for financial risk management, and the market leader in safeguarding global commerce with today’s most advanced cloud-based risk management platform, powered by machine learning and artificial intelligence. Feedzai is securing the transition to a cashless world while enabling digital trust in every transaction and payment type. The world’s largest banks, processors, and retailers trust Feedzai to protect trillions of dollars and manage risk while improving the customer experience for everyday users, without compromising privacy. Feedzai is a Series D company and has raised $282M to date. With a valuation of +$1.5B, the company's technology protects 900 million people in 190 countries.
The Finance Team focuses on the long-term profitability and the growth of Feedzai. They are a high-performing team with a healthy work-life balance. Their four main objectives are to: Optimize our systems, close and report out timely and accurately, actively collaborate and partner with the business, prioritize, and invest in employees. In addition, the Finance Team ensures that Feedzai can lean in, try new things, and discover our potential by enabling development and product differentiation. Join Us!
Reporting to the CFO, the Global Controller is responsible for leading the finance organization to ensure reliable, accurate and complete financial information is provided in a timely manner, as well as the overall controls and compliance framework of the Finance function. The Global Controller is responsible for building and managing an effective team through training and coaching, and performance management.
Your Day to Day:
- Manage and provide ongoing supervision, leadership, support and guidance to the controllership team
- Lead and monitor of the global monthly closing process, according to IFRS GAAP and Group policies, ensuring completion in an accurate and timely manner, according to the internal deadlines
- Overview and monitor operations, on a daily basis
- Accountable for the preparation and publish of timely monthly, quarterly & year-end financial statements, according to IFRS GAAP and Group policies
- Ensure compliant reporting with IFRS GAAP and local GAAP, on an individual and consolidated basis
- Provide counsel to the staff and other departments on how to apply certain standards in a SaaS company and the respective impacts
- Accountable to develop, maintain, and update the financial control framework, including accounting policies and related controls
- Coordinate the preparation of statutory documentation, ensuring appropriate alignment with the local framework of relevant geographies
- Coordinate statutory audits and manage external auditor relationships to facilitate completion of audit procedures in a timely and efficient manner
- Report to the Audit Committee on key controllership topics on an ongoing basis
- Oversee tax fillings for all the geographies where the Group operates
- Coordinate tax audits
- Be an advisor to the business and other departments on strategic topics
- Collaborate with key departments on process transformation to drive business growth
You Have & You Know-how:
- Degree in Management/Economics/Finance/Accounting (mandatory)
- Previous relevant experience in similar functions (at least 10 years), preferably in a SaaS/Technology company
- Previous experience in a Big4 (minimum 4 years), preferably in Audit/Assurance
- Strong knowledge of IFRS GAAP (US GAAP is a plus)
- Strong knowledge of Statutory Portuguese Tax requirements & rules (mandatory)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft tools
- Experience in Netsuite/SAP ERP (preferred)
- Fluency in Portuguese and English (mandatory)
- Proven ability to lead multicultural global teams
- Ability to work with autonomy and under pressure
- Highest standard for integrity, accuracy and meeting deadlines
- Multi-task, with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Able to give clear and consistent recommendations and/or instructions to team members
- Detail-oriented, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork, business perspective, communication, and documentation skills
- Exceptional writing proficiency and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent listening, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Self-motivated and highly-driven with the willingness to go the extra mile when needed; excellent time management skills
- A fast learner who’s able to pick up new processes with minimal training and take initiative to resolve problems.
Your First 30-Days at Feedzai:
You will be immersed in our brand with training, connections, and one-on-one time with your manager. You may shadow your colleagues virtually or onsite at an office depending on where you work as you are supported through your Feedzai journey. In addition, you will have access to a ton of information to give you history, context, and all the knowledge you can handle about Feedzai and the team. Finally, you will start working on projects and collaborating on work currently being done. We can't wait to have you join the team!
Life at Feedzai Instagram
Feedzai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Feedzai does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Feedzai will use the personal data you provide us with by filling out this form for reviewing your application and to potentially negotiate a contract with you. Your personal data will be retained by Feedzai for 24 months following your application. Please see our Privacy Notice available at https://feedzai.com/about-us/privacy/ for more information on how we process your personal data.