Join us in stopping bad bots, for good! Kasada protects millions of online users everyday. Founded to stop automated bot attacks, we believe the internet should be a safe place for everyone. Bad bots are highly destructive. They take over accounts, steal content, overload systems and infrastructure and cause billions of dollars in damages every year. Seeking to restore trust in the internet, Kasada stops bots at the very first request including those that have never been seen before.
We’ve grown from a few friends working out of a shipping container under the Sydney Harbour Bridge to now operating globally, we’re spread across the world protecting some of the most well-known brands on the face of the earth.
We’re an innately curious team that’s not afraid to bring bold ideas to create better ways of solving problems. We’re looking for people who are passionate about solving some of the most difficult and pressing cybersecurity issues, while having fun doing it!
About the Role
At Kasada, our mission is to bring internet control and safety back to the hands of humans. Deployed at the edges of the internet, we continuously collect and analyse huge amounts of data in real time, stopping fraud and malicious attacks.
Our vision is to eliminate CAPTCHA and make application security far less reactive than it is today.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Defence System Team. In this role you will have the rare opportunity to work on the core of our product, our traffic processor. Currently the traffic processor responds to circa 1 billion requests per day so you have a real opportunity to have significant impact in your role. You will be working on business critical projects such as transitioning our current reverse proxy to an API model.
We are a remote first business and this role can be fully remote based anywhere in Australia.
Day to day you will:
- Design and implement features on our market leading product
- Collaborate closely with other product and engineering teams
- Be involved in architecture design discussions in how we can build efficient solutions
- Build low-latency massively scalable solutions, our product currently handles over a 1 billion requests a day so this is paramount
- Participate in regular hackathons to learn new tech and improve our product
- Mentor other engineers
What You will be working with;
- A mix of databases such as ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL etc
- AWS (EKS, Lambda, S3, EC2 etc)
What you will bring
- At least 3 years experience working on back end problems (Node experience a plus)
- Good understanding AWS Services
- Experience working with containers
- Experience with highly scalable architecture
- Exposure to infrastructure as code
The Benefits of being a Kasadian
We want to ensure Kasada remains a great place to work and a place to do great work. It's important to us to build an inclusive environment where you can realize your full potential. We are a highly collaborative team regardless of location, placing a strong emphasis on our core values; and we have designed our benefits package so you can thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A stake in Kasada’s global success with equity/stock options
- Flexible working hours and arrangements - Create a schedule that suits you
- Support for growing families - Generous parental leave allowances and return to work coaching
- Resources for well-being to support your growth including our EAP - confidential counselling for you and your loved ones
- An action packed calendar of fun in-person and virtual events
Sound interesting? What’s next?
Hit the apply button and one of our team will set up an exploratory, confidential discussion. We have designed our hiring process to be streamlined and thorough so everyone can make the right call on whether it is the right move for you. We are an inclusive team and this extends to all candidates that interview with us. Interviews are conducted virtually however if you want to come onsite - just ask! When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any adjustments you may need during the interview process, we want to ensure you are set up for success in every conversation.
Still with us? Just a little bit more…
Research shows that women and other marginalized individuals tend to only apply when they check every box. We’re always keen to broaden our perspective, so if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch, we'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to the team!