OffSec is the leading provider of continuous professional and workforce development, training, and education for cybersecurity professionals. Created by the community for the community, OffSec’s one-of-a-kind mix of practical, hands-on training and certification programs, virtual labs, and open-source projects provide practitioners with the highly desired offensive skills to get a job, advance their careers and better protect their organizations. OffSec is committed to funding and growing Kali Linux, the leading operating system for penetration testing, ethical hacking, and network security assessments. For more information, visit offsec.com and follow @OffSectraining and @kalilinux on Twitter.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
About the Job
Are you a UI/UX Developer looking for the opportunity to show the world your skills? To be a part of a team taking project ideas from paper to reality, while honing your craft along the way? We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our fun, energetic, and global team, who are running at full speed to help educate and secure the world in cybersecurity. You'll be able to collaborate with skilled team members to craft innovative solutions that attract and delight customers of all types.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software solutions by identifying user and system requirements for a new customer-facing, high-traffic, e-commerce web platform
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Propose and enforce best practices for the software development lifecycle
- Propose coding standards and guidelines for the team to follow and enforce them through the code review process
- Mentor software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Collaborate and brainstorm to create new innovative ideas and solutions
- Design with a user-centric, security-first mindset
- Work with DevOps team to follow development best practices using CI/CD pipeline
- Proposes and sets KPIs to be monitored, ensuring the platform’s performance in terms of uptime, speed, etc.
- Performs technical analysis to support the effective and efficient development efforts
- Writes code for key modules of the platform
- Write unit tests to for individual code functionality
- Communicates on project/task status clearly and effectively with the management team, development team, and project managers
- Moves fast, bias towards action, follows the cycle of coding, iterating, testing, deploying and optimizing websites
- Other duties as needed
Required Technical Skills:
- At least 3 years or more of experience with modern frameworks such as Vue.js and/or React.js
- At least 3 years or more of experience working with Front End Development technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, ES6 and ES6 Command Line
- At least 3 years of experience with UI/UX Design
- At least 3 years or more of experience with frameworks such as Vue.js and/or React.js
- At least 3 years or more of hands on experience and understanding of Microservice architecture based on 12-Factor application development practices
- Experience working with GIT versioning and best security and development practices
Required Soft Skills:
- Ability to manage your time effectively, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically, be creative, research answers to solve problems independently using strong analytical skills and the “Try Harder” mindset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally in English
- Willingness to work collaboratively with team members demonstrating a team player mindset
Preferred or Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands on experience working with MySQL
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Python/Django
- Experience with SEO optimization
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
Work Location and Hours
This role is a full-time salaried position. It is a fully remote position located in the Philippines. Work hours for this position are flexible and will be performed from a home office.
This position has no direct reports.