OffSec is the leading provider of continuous professional and workforce development, training, and education for cybersecurity professionals. Created by the community for the community, OffSec’s one-of-a-kind mix of practical, hands-on training and certification programs, virtual labs, and open-source projects provide practitioners with the highly desired offensive skills to get a job, advance their careers and better protect their organizations. OffSec is committed to funding and growing Kali Linux, the leading operating system for penetration testing, ethical hacking, and network security assessments. For more information, visit offsec.com and follow @OffSectraining and @kalilinux on Twitter.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
Exam Proctor is responsible for overseeing students attempting their certification exams. Proactive monitoring is conducted by observing students’ screens and web camera (up to 6 students), and actively reporting any violation of Offensive Security Academic Policy. Proctor directly communicates with students, for any inquiries regarding the proctored exam, through live chat.
This job involves quiet but vigorous monitoring of exams 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Proct
ors will work five days per week, with a scheduled eight-hour shift and a 30-minute paid lunch break.
Duties and responsibilities
- Facilitate start of exams by following established procedures and protocols, handling up to six (6) exams/students per hour.
- Conduct identity verification of students taking proctored exams.
- Conduct security checks by scanning the room, table, and other areas near the student’s exam workstation at the start of the exam and each time a suspicious activity is noted, which is not visible to the camera.
- Log exception events during the student exam process including breaks, departures from the room, naps, etc.
- Report any and all abnormalities/suspicious student activities noticed during the exam following established procedures, to uphold the integrity of all Offensive Security certifications.
- Follow established guidelines for system updates when a student fails to show up for an exam.
- Escalates any system or connectivity issues during the exam to the Student Administrator/Student Success Technical Support teams.
- Maintain a high attention to detail, with the patience and ability to watch students taking a multi hour exam, even at times where student activities may appear to be minimal.
- Contributes to overall project success and supports other assigned tasks as necessary.
- Strong written English language skills and the ability to communicate through live chat and document required reports in English.
- College level of any course ideally with IT discipline
- Previous experience in IT administration is a plus
- Excellent typing skills
- Needs to be very flexible in terms of schedule
- Ability to navigate and troubleshoot web-based programs, webcam, and microphone
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively
- A positive attitude and a sharp eye for detail
- Comfortable working in a repetitive task job
- Highly ethical with a sense of doing the right thing and recognizes the importance of a professional certification and what is at stake for the students.
- Strong Internet connection (having a backup is a plus) – 20 mbps and up
- Living in a very secure place; having own personal space/room is a plus
- Permanent resident of Cebu
This position is remote but must within Cebu area.
This role is a full-time salaried position.
Proctors will work one of three shift schedules below five days per week on a consistent basis: