Heard anything about breaches lately? Every week it seems like there's another story about a company being held for ransom or leaking customer data. How do we solve this issue? Enter Blumira!
Our team has spent decades delivering world-class detection and response. We have the platform, the vision, and the team to turn the tide. We’re democratizing good security by making it simple and affordable. Our mission is to empower smaller organizations that have been neglected, priced-out, or, simply—failed—by existing solutions. In helping them, we help their customers, and, overall, make the Internet a safer place.
As a Sr. Engineer at Blumira, you will apply your experience to author and improve new and existing software for our SaaS security product. You take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to moderately complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with your team’s goals. You are equally effective working independently and as a leading member of the team. At Blumira, we solve problems quickly to support our customers; you’ll balance a desire for correct, clean, and performant systems with the need to adapt quickly.
- Build new and maintain existing scalable API microservices that use the Blumira data processing, storage, and detection mechanisms
- Support infrastructure issues with your fellow engineers and improve automation around internal issue detection and response
- Use cloud IaaS and PaaS to speed up development time as well as improve scalability and durability
- Develop proof-of-concept code for new insights and features
- Help identify and reduce tech debt within the Blumira environment
- Deploy containerized applications using industry standard methodologies on Kubernetes
- Communicate effectively, with a willingness to mentor and guide others
- Help us grow the engineering team by modeling best practices and a friendly culture
Are you someone who’s excited about jumping into something cool and figuring things out without a lot of direct guidance? You’re the kind of person we’re looking for!
- Demonstrable background in server-side software development, with experience building and maintaining production-grade systems
- Strong backend development experience from POC to final product release
- Broad experience in OOP development - Blumira mainly uses Python and Golang
- Experience with development and maintenance of RESTful APIs
- Experience with Docker, applying and building images
- Motivation and a strong work-ethic - you enjoy building things that matter, getting stuff done, and helping people
- Computer Science Degree and Practical experience
- Experience building out backend financial tooling for SaaS with Stripe, Logisense, Chargify, SaaSOptics, or similar technology
- Love and knowledge of: security, systems, networking, GCP, Kubernetes, data manipulation, message queues, and/or databases
What We Offer
- A results-oriented and friendly team of supportive teammates
- A chance to work on novel and exciting technical problems in the InfoSec space
- A flexible work environment that supports working from home, including stipend
- Opportunity to have a huge impact as an early hire at a growing security startup
- Opportunity for management and leadership
- Competitive compensation
- Stock equity plan
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, as well as a company sponsored pre-tax retirement savings program
Founded in 2019, we’re a small, fully remote, venture-backed startup based in Michigan. We help SMB and mid-market companies detect and respond to security threats by providing accessible solutions for resource-strapped IT and security teams. We ingest millions of logs per day and manage over 5PB of data on our platform. Let us know if you read all the way to the end of this description by including a reference to a hedgehog (our mascot) with your application.
Blumira is an inclusive employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.